Our Giant Dipper is GLEAMING!! Thanks to painting contractor Baynum Painting, headquartered in Kentucky, they specialize in painting roller coasters and amusement park rides.
• The Dipper turns 90 in 2014.
• The last time it was painted was in 2000.
• 2000 gallons of primer + 2500 gallons finish color
• 3 colors make up the ride structure (not including station)–White, Red & Black
• Estimated 327,000 board feet of lumber (not including station) in ride structure.
• The Dipper cost $50,000 to build in 1924.
• The current paint job is costing $300,000
All I can say is “It’s gorgeous!”